These instructions are written for 410/412/415/605 et al.
If you have bought a Tvip S412, we recommend that you connect your box with ethernet cable. If you connect with WIFI, you will also expect to experience lag & freezes in the picture
1. Plug everything in and start the box
2. Select the language and time zone and complete the update of the device to the latest software
3. Device restarts after update
4. Go to Settings and then to Network
5. Write down the MAC address for trial account activation or subscription purchase
6. Go to TV in the left menu and change all settings to be as follows:
Stream Source: Multicast
MPEG-TS Buffering, msec: 5000
DVR Storage: No storage
Timeshift storage: Internal storage
Content Source: Web Portal
Below Content Source: Web Portal is a button that says Setup Web portal. Tap it and set the following settings:
Portal URL: http://dinurl:2095/c/
Portal Manager: Off
Use Web portal: Whole System
API Mode: GSTB
Then press Apply.
The newer TV has difficulty synchronizing refresh rate (Hertz/FPS) with the box and then you can get so-called FPS LAGG. To resolve this, go to Settings – Display and set HDMI Auto Framerate to ON.
REMOTE CONTROL SHORTCUTS:
Inside a channel:
tap Magnifier and you can change the language/subtitle (if it’s in the channel) or enable 3D
MENU: Press Aspect Ratio to change aspect ratio e.g. 4:3, 16:9, etc.
Gears: Opens TVIP System Settings
Button at bottom left: Can also change aspect ratio in a channel